Employment Type: Full-Time
Wayfinder is currently seeking a Controller who will be responsible for managing finance related matters across the agency. This position reports to Vice President of Finance and serves as a member of Wayfinder’s leadership team. This is an exempt position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of Wayfinder’s operating budget, including preparation of the overall agency budget and the establishment of program budgets.
- Direct and guide day-to-day financial operations to optimize, integrate and align financial operations across all departments.
- Responsible for financial efficiency to streamline transactional operations be assessing accounting software and systems, ensure regulatory compliance, develop and implement fiscal policies and procedures including a system of internal controls.
- Develop and implement financial strategies and operations in support of strategic goals.
- Work collaboratively with senior leaders, directors and staff across the agency relating to budget and actual results, development and implementation of new programs and grants.
- Supervision of accounting staff, including facilitation of training and professional development.
- Ensure the effective delivery of routine financial services and operations of the agency, such as, but not limited to, cash management, cashiering, accounts receivable and payable, general ledger maintenance.
- Prepare financial statements and work sheets for independent auditors and government auditors.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Report financial performance timely to county, state and federal funders as required by contractual agreements.
- Prepare annual tax return Federal, State, and Attorney General.
- Develop metrics, dashboards, and reporting meant to ensure the full earning of program contracts and provide an accurate overview of business performance efforts.
- A. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional experience, qualifications and attributes:
- A. Minimum 4 to 6 years’ experience at Controller level preferably in a nonprofit environment. Minimum of five (5) years managing department and supervising staff.
- B. Solid knowledge in financial accounting and reporting and of the internal control environment, including auditing and systems design.
- C. Demonstrated ability to work with Blackbaud Financial Edge or other accounting software and Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word and Outlook at an intermediate to advanced level.
- D. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- E. Results oriented, self-motivated, disciplined, proactive and gets things done. Can balance the strategic with a hands-on approach with the ability to prioritize and deliver key initiatives
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Long term Care
- Flexible spending benefit options including qualified transportation
- 401(K) retirement plan with a 4% employer match after qualification
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance Program
Interested candidates can submit a resume and letter of interest to:
Wayfinder Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment background and drug screenings.
Visit us online at: www.wayfinderfamily.org
Loading some great jobs for you...