Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager
Compensation: $157,343.33 - $157,343.33 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for unique individual to pioneer a new role and function at Wandering Bear. As FP&A Manager, your role will be focused on organizing information, including all financial reporting, to enable data-driven insight and maximum impact for our co-founder and CEO. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with our VP of Supply Chain, this position will directly contribute to the growth of Wandering Bear by acting as a strategic advisor as an organizer and analyzer of information.
This is great opportunity for an ambitious candidate, looking for a step up and seeking further career development. The right person for this role possesses exceptional EQ, is highly data-driven and results-oriented, thinks strategically, builds trust and relationships, and is a strong communicator and leader. Your ability to proactively identify opportunities to add value to the CEO and company will be a critical driver in aligning the organization around priorities as we scale to become the leading high-growth coffee brand by redefining the way ritual coffee drinkers engage with coffee at home, at work and on-the-go.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analysis - leverage internal and external data to drive actionable business insights (e.g. cost to serve, profitability by customer, market-sizing, opportunity prioritization)
- Financial management - Manage accounting operations, including management of outsourced bookkeepers, creating scalable processes to ensure all financial information is properly captured, reconciled and documented for monthly reporting, audit and annual tax filings
- Process design - Work with our VP of Supply Chain to create and implement accounting policies that fit our business ensuring tight controls across the organization
- Reporting - Oversee the monthly close process to issue timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP to ensure reporting requirements are met
- Budgeting and modeling - Lead annual budgeting and financial modeling process and provide hands-on support to CEO as needed for fundraising processes
- Systems implementation - Co-lead the implementation of an ERP system with our VP of Supply Chain
- Strategic support - Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, financial modeling, internal initiatives, new expansion explorations, and more. Step in where help is most needed.
- Deck writing - Prepare presentations for internal and external audiences. This will usually involve designing highly compelling presentations for company-wide meetings and Board meetings
- Project management - Be a master of execution and project management, holding the team accountable and ensuring that deadlines are met across high-priority, cross-functional projects.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have strong business and financial acumen with at least 8 years of relevant experience, possibly including, but not limited to:
- In a highly analytical role (as examples, at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, or in a financial operating role at a high growth company)
- In a Corporate Accounting / Controller role within a Consumer Goods organization
- You are an Excel wizard with experience building, auditing and maintaining financial models
- You have strong technical accounting knowledge (e.g. revenue recognition, accrual management, chart of accounts and GL management); experience with physical inventory and previous experience with QuickBooks (required) or Netsuite (a plus)
- You posses detail-oriented organizational and process management skills that allow you to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities
- You are proactive, resourceful, and instinctive, with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information
- You thrive in an incredibly fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment with action-orientation and drive
- You are low-ego, high-energy, are emotionally intelligent
- You are a strategic thinker
- You have experience working with or implementing (a plus) ERP systems
- You have demonstrated experience in establishing internal controls in a small company or startup environment
- You have direct experience building accounting and operational finance processes, systems and teams for a growth company
- You are authorized to work in the U.S. and willing/able to work in New York City most of your time
- You love coffee (but that's a given!)
- Great people who bring themselves to work, work hard and have fun.
- Great product that you'll be proud to support.
- Wellness-focused office, with free fitness classes, Peloton bikes and showers w/ towel service
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Company Health, Dental & Vision plan
- As much cold brew coffee as you can drink
At Wandering Bear, our mission is to awaken the best within. And that wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.
Associated topics: analyze, business intelligence, consult, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, law, monitor, refine, strategy, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...