The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for providing reviewing, analyzing, and testing of existing and/or new application development/ modification to ensure code and data integrity and provide issue resolution. He/she performs quality assurance analysis related to systems development and installations. The Quality Assurance Analyst works under the general direction of the Senior Manager of Applications and/or an assigned project manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
List essential job functions that comprise the job; describe in terms of actions and desired outcomes in order of importance
* Provides reviewing, analyzing, and testing of existing and/or new application development/ modification to ensure programming code and data integrity
* Provides production system support services including investigation of processing errors and system problems
* Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical staff and convey complex ideas both verbally and in written form
* Maintains knowledge of business area and QA methodology/ best practices
* Ensure adherence to department standards, methods and policies-
Indicate level of decision making and judgment needed for this position
Ability to analyze and make sound decisions is essential to this role. Notifies manager of any issues that might impact productivity, and other established goals and standards.
Indicate scope of this position-s authority including how many employees are directly supervised by this job
Works under general supervision.
List the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. Include Education, Certifications and Specialized Training
Education: - AS/AA and/or 2 year technical degree preferably in Information Technology , QA, and/or computer programming or related computer field or equivalent experience is required
Experience: - Minimum 2 years in Information Technology Analyst role
Indicate discipline or industry specific technical knowledge required for the position
* An understanding of Systems Integration concepts and experience utilizing them
* A clear understanding of computer concepts
* Clear understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
* Motivated self-starter with creative thinking and problem-solving skills
* Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Ability to work independently, on multiple tasks with shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
* MS SQL
A strong working knowledge of Word and Excel is required.QA - Quality Assurance, Toad, MS SQL Server
Please send resume to
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: automation, process, prevent, qa, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance engineer, quality assurance lead, software quality engineer, software quality assurance engineer, test engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...