Compensation: $98,470.00 - $53,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Defense/Security Clearance
Reporting to the Manager of Security Engineering, the Senior Security Engineer is responsible for supporting the firm s Information Security programs and technology initiatives. The Senior Security Engineer is a wide ranging, hands on role encompassing the design, implementation and maintenance of advanced security technologies, performing in-depth security reviews for new projects and technologies and providing frontline response for all security incidents.
- Act as the primary resource/lead for managing and administering Palo Alto & Cisco firewalls.
- Responsible for all IT security based network equipment, servers, and applications.
- Responsible for the firm s Privileged Access Management solution.
- Manage the IDS/IPS solutions.
- Responsible for third party vendor access for firm s resources.
- Act as the primary resource for DUO 2 Factor Authentication and VPN.
- Troubleshoot potential threats or problems with internal networks.
- Maintain 99.9% uptime on all production systems.
- Provide written and/or oral communications/presentations to team members, groups and/or management.
- Maintain operational responsibility for the IT Security team s ticketing queue, primarily relating to the evaluating and managing tickets requesting policy exceptions.
- Offer insights and collaborate within the team to provide input to strategic and tactical planning, initiatives, and projects.
- Maintain a 99.9% uptime on all production systems.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Four year degree in computer science or related field, or the equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an Information Security role or equivalent work experience in other areas of the broader Information Technology field.
- Strong expertise & understanding of Palo Alto Firewalls.
- CyberArk knowledge strongly preferred.
- Must have a good understanding of Networking & Firewall Technologies.
- Experience with IDS/IPS solutions.
- Vulnerability management.
- This role requires diligent adherence to specified processes and procedures with a professional and consistent end product.
- Experience managing and leading security projects, including defining requirements, developing project plans, and delivering results with minimal oversight.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple priorities.
- Information Security certifications are considered a plus.
Loading some great jobs for you...