Responsible for revenue attainment, incremental revenue growth and lead generation within assigned portfolio. Responsible for setting sales strategy, being accountable for sales activity, and assigning hotel teams (Area Operations Manager/Hotel Manager/General Manager/Guest Service Rep) in appropriate sales activities in coordination with Regional Director of Operations.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
* Regional Director of Field Sales is responsible for the top line revenue of the hotels within assigned portfolio.
* Attain in-depth understanding of the financial goals for each hotel and market.
* Must translate understanding of financial goals into sales strategy and actionable steps that achieve goals.
* Collaborate with all appropriate Sales, Operations, and Revenue Management team members to increase revenue within assigned portfolio.
* Generate and surface account leads both within the portfolio and across the region to be qualified by the Account Services Group (ASG) or the field and pursued by the field, regional or key account teams
* Consistently meet all outlined goals for key requirements such as revenue booking goals, lead generation activity, etc. as assigned by Vice President, Sales
* Strategy and Planning
o Develop sales strategy, portfolio growth plans and detailed action plans; collaborate with VP of Sales, RDO and Revenue Managers for assigned properties
o Conduct bi-monthly strategy meetings with Property Manager of each represented property to review activities, action plan and results Participate with Sales, Operations and Revenue Management in guiding retail and negotiated pricing decisions
o Constantly monitor regional performance trends and local market to identify potential revenue shortfalls; proactively advise the regional team to deploy resources when needed
* Training and Coaching
o Reinforce and coach Operations Managers on ESH mandated sales process
o Mentor and coach Guest Services Representatives to generate sales leads from in-house guests, walk-ins, and phone inquiries
o Conduct sales training to Guest Service Reps
o Utilize SharePoint and Home School programs to access training and information materials and resources as needed
o Conduct on-site visits with each market at least once a month. Utilize the visits as coaching opportunities and coordinate with RDO site visits when applicable
o Set a high standard of professionalism and sales expertise by example for new hires and other team members
* Sales Activities
o Leverage hotel teams to:
- Perform prospecting activities such as cold calls, sales blitzes, and telemarketing as directed by sales and operations management
- Meet with and occasionally entertain clients. Tour prospective customers within the portfolio to create awareness and acceptance of the ESH product
- Manage Field Sales Activities (Extended Stay Hotels \"The Great Eight -- Field Sales Activities\") and drive by methods and be able to identify high value business and manage assigned leads
- Review arrival reports and manage assigned leads
- Uncover information about competitor hotel client base and devote sales time to moving any appropriate business to assigned portfolio
- Maintain and increase business from all existing local accounts through ongoing sales activities
- Consistently meet and talk with in-house guests to understand reasons for travel and sources for potential follow up sales activities
- Conduct constant surveillance of local market through a variety of channels and sources to identify new business opportunities
- Assign and direct follow up on all opportunities to ensure capture of any related lodging expenditures
- Surface account leads to sell to hotels within and outside assigned portfolio
o Assist in gathering information and completing appropriate questionnaires during the RFP process. Utilize Lanyon to submit bids as appropriate for hotels
o Understand the different ESH property offerings and how they serve client specific needs
o Provide weekly reports as directed by the organization regarding previous weeks activity and upcoming activities
o Maintain accurate documentation of all account contact and sales activities within CRM program and adhere to all policies and procedures related to its use
o Review and understand metrics and data included in a variety of reports to ensure maximization of revenu
* At least 6 years of outside sales experience, with a minimum of 2 years experience in supervisory management and 4 years experience in field sales
* At least 5 years of hotel experience is required (particularly in the extended stay niche is preferred).
* Experience in management or selling of multiple hotel sites is preferred but not required.
* Must be proactive and knowledgeable of creative sales maximization skills to appropriate business to fulfill the hotels need dates, seasonality, patterns, or strategic objectives
* Must be self-motivated with strong time management skills and keen abilities to set and achieve priorities
* Strong problem solving skills, ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously, function well under pressure, delegate effectively, and ability to remain positive and constructive under stress
* Excellent verbal and written communication, effective listening and presentation skills
* Must be able to work a flexible and adaptable schedule to include infrequent evening and/or weekend meetings
* Must possess a valid drivers license and have reliable transportation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
* Ability to speak effectively before customers and employees of organization
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
* Fluent in the English language
* Ability to create and modify basic documents in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
* Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook for e-mail and use the internet for client research
* Must become proficient in all internal computer programs used for sales such as CRM, Lanyon, etc.
Note: Additional job requirements such as mathematical skills, reasoning ability, physical demands and work environment requirements may be part of ESHs standard HR job posting requirements, but have been temporarily removed for the purpose of describing the core expectations of this role.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...