Grants Consultant - Engineering ConcentrationHanover ResearchThe Role
Hanovers Grants Consultants work alongside Content Directors and Researchers providing grant support services to higher education clients. The Grants Consultant - Engineering Concentration will be responsible for assessing appropriate fit of highly technical funding programs, consulting with clients on concept development, and revising proposal narratives to ensure competitiveness against funder requirements. This is an ideal role for those with a passion for getting to know scientific research and academic programming intimately and then helping clients to become more effective in carrying out their institutional missions. This position will report directly to a Senior Grants Consultant.About Hanover
Recently ranked 16th on the Washington Business Journals list of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in DC and 36th on the 2015 AMA Gold Top 50 Report, Hanover Research is a global information services firm providing knowledge support to both for-profit and non-profit organizations. Through our unique, fixed-fee model we deliver customized, timely, and authoritative research and advice enabling our clients to make informed decisions, identify and seize opportunities, and heighten their effectiveness.
Hanover Researchs Grant Development Center offer a variety of services to help over 100 organizations in 39 states identify, pursue, and secure external funding providing flexible, affordable grant development support to educational organizations nationwide. Our services include proposal writing and review capabilities, funding opportunity assessments, funding strategy development, grant prospecting research, and institutional research.Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Review and revise STEM-focused proposal narratives (engineering emphasis) to optimize competitiveness;
- Work closely with clients to create strong grant proposals from conception to submission;
- Provide highly professional consultative service to clients throughout the grant writing process;
- Manage remote proposal development teams to ensure all proposals are submitted in a timely manner;
- Independently create client-ready deliverables with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Manage tight deadlines to create proposals and deliverables requiring few edits quickly.
- Experience writing and researching for a scientific audience, with emphasis on engineering disciplines;
- Ability both to accept and to provide constructive feedback;
- Strong fact-checking, writing, and editing skills in the English language;
- Experience facilitating team training;
- Strong interest in prospect research, fundraising strategy, grant writing, and the organizations we serve;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and work ethic;
- Proven academic achievement;
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
A bachelors or masters degree in a STEM-related discipline, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered. Ph.D. preferred, with a concentration in engineering.Experience Requirement
3-5 years experience as a grant writer, reviewer, and/or editor with hands-on proposal support and/or grant writing experience. Prior experience working with federal funding agencies, namely the NSF, is required. Prior experience leading training activities across a variety of scientific, agency, and audience backgrounds is highly preferred. Prior experience conducting sponsored research is preferred.Location
- Base salary
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Reimbursement for home office
- Advancement and management opportunities
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume, and a relevant professional writing sample (proposal, professional correspondence, or similar business sample) at:
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.