Posted by Cardinal Health | Expiring soon
This role is supporting the Medical Segment Service business, specifically the Presource Products and Services franchise. Presource Products and Services delivers insight-driven procedural solutions and products enabling the customer to drive efficiencies in patient care. The product that we manage is the aggregation and delivery of procedure-specific bundle that contains the necessary disposable intraoperative supplies for a surgical or medical procedure. Presource is comprised of over 18 kit product categories, 17+ GPO contracts, over 36,000 finished good SKUs, and ships over 83M units of product each year.
The Director of Product Marketing is responsible for setting the product offering strategy for the Operating Room portfolio, focused on 9 procedural pack portfolios, 20 distributed global product lines and leading the Marketing Operations team. In this role you are the owner of the P/L for $770M+ procedural portfolio of products.
Key responsibilities are
- Responsible for both upstream and downstream activities (Procedural Assessment and Insight development, Develop & Commercialize Products, Sales support and enablement)
- Manage profitability: In addition to cost management, drive profitability through influencing mix, penetration, price, supply chain efficiencies and leveraging our overall spend.
- Manage key supplier relationships and harness the full value of the relationship.
- Ensure the Product Marketing team are market, product and procedure experts and the face of the organization internally and externally for their portfolios.
- 4 direct reports
- Directly report to the Vice President, Product Marketing
What Product & Services Development contributes to Cardinal Health
Product and Services Development is responsible for researching, developing, and launching new products for the company. Responds to company initiatives by driving new products to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate expertise and lead life cycle management for a portfolio of products across discovery and innovation, new product planning, new product introduction, post-launch product management, and product retirement.
- Define the product offering: Determine the degree of product breadth and depth.
- Understand the market and define a growth plan to meet our objectives for the portfolio (product/channel strategy, tactics and investments required).
- Manage the revenue/profit for the Regional Operating Room (OR) pack portfolio and the global OR Accessories product portfolio.
- Develop the global product strategy for the OR Accessories portfolio, working with channel marketing leaders.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of marketing and product management disciplines necessary for building business plans, product plans, and marketing plans. Lead product management team in utilizing market trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning to develop preferred product offerings for targeted segments and channels.
- Remain current on market trends. Determine product lifecycle and portfolio implications and develop portfolio strategy to drive sustainable competitive advantage.
- Proactively gain insights into competitors, their products, pricing, unmet customer needs, and changing clinical practices through observation of operations and interactions with clinical staff during sales support, product implementations, and conversion activities.
- Support development and facilitate validation of stakeholder analysis, competitive analysis, positioning/value proposition, message platform for products in the channel.
- Ensure that all promotional, launch, and marketing activities align with the overall portfolio strategy and facilitate proper communication and collaboration with all applicable marketing resources across channels.
- Develop channel marketing objectives and strategies for a product portfolio. In collaboration with creative, digital and channel teams, build and execute the integrated promotional plan for the portfolio.
- Lead the development of the in-channel launch, marketing, and promotions strategy for new product launches and drive growth initiatives for products post-launch.
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understand and demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to business cases, investment requests, forecasting, pricing, deal structures, and assessing strategic options.
- Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional team leaders including R & D, sourcing, manufacturing, enterprise marketing, enterprise contracting, strategic pricing, customer service, DMG, finance, quality, regulatory, legal, inventory, regional and channel teams, and others.
- Serve as an effective and inspirational leader to the product management team and cross-functional teams supporting product management.
- Take informed risk and be biased toward action.
- Bachelors and Advanced degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 10+ years experience in related field, preferred.
- Experience leading, managing and participating on cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), time management skills, professionalism
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional environment
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
- Strong sense of ownership and self-starter mentality with a track record of delivering results
- Possible travel over 25%
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Create password Enter a minimum of 6 characters
Be alerted when jobs like this are posted!
Steubenville family needs a part-time tutor for Test Prep, English, Math, Science. Associated topics: chess, cooking, driver, extra, gardening, horse…Read More
CompHealth is currently assisting a group practice with their search for a director of emergency medicine physician in Ohio. The hospital has a moder…Read More
Wound Care physician employment in Ohio : **Wound Care Medical Director needed** * Located in ***Mayfield Heights*** - Cleveland, OH 22m * Full-time,…Read More