Dear Future Colleague,
We take any additions to our team incredibly seriously. Why? Because we want to provide the ultimate hospitality experience and challenge the status quo in the bar industry.
The single most important goal of our philosophy is to deliver our special brand of hospitality, what we call Empathetic Hospitality and this revolves around an incredible team of dedicated people.
As a member of Dead Rabbit/BlackTail, you will be held to the highest of standards and values, which are clearly documented and apply to everyone in the business - including the us as the business owners.
To be successful within our businesses, here s what it will take
- A commitment to continuous improvement and a passion to be the best you can be. You will need to be curious, ask questions and take responsibility for your growth. You strive to be better and constantly improving yourself and your craft. Complacency is not in your vocabulary
- We will expect you to be an ambassador for both our bars and our industry. For example, when you re socializing, you are expected to behave like an adult and carry yourself with integrity. We also expect you to have the team s back always. If you re in an event and one of our colleagues is compromised, you will be expected to step in.
- We are here to support you and we expect the same level of investment from you. We expect you to be vocal when joining our team. We re always improving and encourage your ideas, concerns, and feedback, both for our current business and for our future projects. If you want to blend into the background, this job is not for you.
- You must be appreciative of diversity. If you ve issues with ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or religious beliefs you will simply not be hired. We have a diverse team based on inclusivity and equality. Everyone is included; no one is excluded. This also applies to our guests, and we expect you to provide the same level of service for an A-list celebrity as we give to an unknown guest walking in for the first time. Every guest, every time.
While we have very high expectations however we believe all relationships should be mutually beneficial, so here s what we will offer you in return:
- We will ensure your pay is competitive with the best in the business. We expect the best and we as a company will make sure you re given a competitive package to ensure that our relationship is mutually beneficial. We will work to give you a consistent schedule allowing you to have a healthy work/life balance so that when you come to work you ll be ready to deliver the best. We will offer you world class training and push you to develop your knowledge and grow in your skillsets.
- Many companies simply state these as goals for the business. We put our money where our mouths are. We have a Director of Education in place to strategize and spearhead all training efforts. You ll be thoroughly trained and tested on the technical aspects of the job with spirit, wine, beer, history of mixed drinks, and other categories to help you perform your job.
- On top of that, you will be trained on and held accountable for the products we sell, the way we deliver them, and the unique experience we provide our guests. Our training materials are not bibles or blueprints. They are living principles we all must adhere to. If we veer off course, we refocus, and we all hold ourselves accountable to this.
- You will be working with some of the nicest, most committed people you have had the good fortune to meet including our management, bartenders, servers & support staff. We operate off a people first structure, meaning that our employees are our focus and we invest heavily in hiring, developing, and cultivating the right people to join our team. We work hard to ensure everyone has the tools necessary to succeed and excel.
If you ve read this far, you can probably get a sense of whether working with us will be a good fit for you or not, and that is fine, we would rather figure this out from the get-go.
However, if you feel excited about the opportunity and are willing to live by the expectations we have laid out above, we will be ruthless on holding up our side of the relationship. Our company isn t perfect. It s messy, it s intense, and it s honest but we always, always try our best to be world class.
We re glad you re thinking about joining our world-class team. Before we go much further, we d love for you to answer a few questions and share a few stories about yourself so we can get to know you a little better.
Was there a moment you fell in love with the hospitality industry. Where were you what happened?
Tell us a story about the best place you ve ever worked.
Who taught you the most valuable lesson there, and what was it?
How long were you there?
What was your best day there? Can you think of your greatest contribution to that team?
Breaking up is hard to do. How did you know when it was time to go?
What are you hoping to learn over the next few years?
Of the millions of places in the world you could work, why us?
Let s talk about what you see as your greatest strengths. What are you really good at that you ll be able to do for our guests and our team from day one?
How long do you plan on working in our company?
Let s assume we re the dream career for you. Tell us other dream employers you might like to work with.
Life is busy! What other key commitments do you have in your life at the moment?
Thanks for taking the time to apply and to tell us about yourself. Just upload your current resume and we ll be in touch very soon.
Associated topics: anfitriónas, camarero, dining room attendant, dining room captain, food and beverage server, restaurant server, server, server camarero, waiter, wine